We are volunteer run! Please sign up to help us grow! Even if you can only volunteer a couple of hours per month, we would love to have you.
If you'd like to volunteer, please fill out our web form! We'll contact you with instructions on training and schedules:
new volunteer form
If you prefer, you can send our volunteer coordinator Roslyn Fitzgerald an email at email@example.com. Please include your contact information (home & cell phones and email if applicable). We'll send you a link to the current schedules where you can sign up.
We will train you, so please sign up even if you don't have retail experience.
This is a great place to volunteer for retired folk. No stairs or heavy lifting are required and many jobs can be done while sitting down. Although we schedule and communicate via email with many volunteers, if you're not computer savvy don't let that scare you away. Susan and I are happy to work with you on the phone to figure out scheduling and we are available by phone. Please find our contact information on the About Us page.
Same goes for teens - this is a great place for you to gain some retail experience as a volunteer and you can put it on your resume when you're looking for a summer job!
Do you have children? If you think you would be able to work while supervising your child, we are open to that arrangement. Seems to work best for 3 years old and up.
This is a list of volunteer needs at the Little Fox:
During Store Hours
- Tuesdays & Thursdays 9am - Noon, Wednesdays 2:30pm - 7:45pm
- Sort and process donations, set up displays, assist customers, organize merchandise, run the register, and maintain neat and clean appearance of the shop.
We are still looking for new volunteers. Right now we really need people to work Thursday mornings and Wednesday late afternoons (4-6p or 5-6:30p)
- Provide a link between the Little Fox and individual school communities through the schools’ PTOs/parent organizations.
- Help recruit volunteers, solicit donations, and publicize the shop.
We still need liaisons for all Arlington schools.
Off Hours (currently Tuesday & Thursday afternoons)
- Process donations; clean and organize the shop.
If you like to work independently in a quiet, air conditioned space, this one is for you!
- Sign up to be a back up volunteer and we will train you and call you if we need you to cover a shift because a regular volunteer can't make it.
We have one person willing to do this, and can certainly use more.
- Putting up signs and working with businesses and publications to advertise our shop
We have a volunteer helping us with publicity right now, but can always use people who are willing to put up flyers.
- Take unwanted donations to the Goodwill drop-off at Stop & Shop (or other similar organization)
- Bags for Goodwill can be picked up at the shop any time the library is open.
We currently have a volunteer who is doing this each week. Thanks Bailee!
- Help us keep a list of current volunteers and review weekly schedules, making sure open hours are covered.
- Send regular emails to the volunteers with news and information.
Roslyn Fitzgerald is our volunteer coordinator right now. Thank you!