We are volunteer-run and always ready to welcome more help! Even if you can only volunteer a couple of hours per month, we would love to have you. No retail experience is necessary. No stairs or heavy lifting are required, and many tasks can be done while sitting down. We have a relaxed and welcoming culture. While processing donations you have the opportunity to interact with other volunteers, donors and shoppers. As a volunteer, your work positively impacts customers, donors, your community and the environment.
If you would like to volunteer, please email us at email@example.com or call 781.316.3157 to ask any questions or set up your orientation and training session.
Are you retired? We have a lot of volunteers who are retired and are looking to get out, give back and socialize.
Are you a teen? The Little Fox is a great place for you to gain both volunteer and retail experience that you can put on your resume when you're looking for a summer job!
Do you have young children? If you think you would be able to work while supervising your child, we are open to that arrangement. Seems to work best for 3 years old and up.
- Sort and process donations, set up displays, assist customers, organize merchandise, run the register, and maintain neat and clean appearance of the shop during open hours.
- Shop is open: Tuesdays 9-1, Wednesdays 2:30-7:30, Thursdays 9-5, Fridays 9-1 and Saturdays 9-1 (September-June)
Our greatest needs are Thursday afternoons and Wednesday afternoon/evening and Saturdays.
- Put up signs and work with businesses and publications to advertise our shop
- Post new items to our Facebook page or Craigslist on a weekly basis
- Take unwanted donations to Goodwill or another similar organization
- Pick up Goodwill bags at the shop any time the library is open
- Help us keep our look fresh and clean by creating new signs for inside the shop or publicity