Thank you to everyone who donates to the Little Fox! Every donation counts - have one beautiful coat or awesome game? Bring it by - it adds up!
Please try and give us things in good condition that we can sell. When we receive donations that we have to send to Goodwill or put in the trash, it is extra work for our volunteers.
- clothes need to be clean, as well as stain and rip free
- infant gear should be current (last 5-6 years) and free of mold, mildew or other stains and in working condition
- we will only accept items in clean saleable condition with no missing parts, broken pieces or chipping paint
- when you bring in items to donate, we will ask you to take home any items which we cannot sell
- we take all seasons all the time!
Donations are accepted any day during business hours or by appointment.
Clothing must be clean, with no rips or stains.
- children's clothing sizes infant through 12/14
- Halloween costumes
- maternity wear
Toys, Puzzles, Games, and Books
Must be complete with all pieces and no broken parts. Puzzles and games must be in their originals boxes.
- books (infant through teen and parenting)
- building sets (blocks, legos etc - don't need to be complete)
- cars & trucks
- CD's & DVD's
- infant toys (in great condition)
Kid and Baby Gear
We accept almost anything that is kid-related! Please be sure it is no older than 6 years, is clean and not broken!
- activity mats
- baby carriers
- booster seats
- Boppy pillows,
- car seats*
- high chairs
- pack 'n plays
Items We Cannot Take
- Adult clothes (other than maternity)
- Bikes (except balance bikes
- Bike helmets over 5 years
- Body pillows
- Breast Pumps or accessories
- Chemistry sets
- Cribs or crib mattresses (we do take pack 'n plays and bassinets)
- Jewelry or charms of any kind except wooden Haba brand
- Plastic bottles (unless new)
- Stuffed animals
- Swim aids (unless US Coast Guard approved)
- Toy box dump(please pre-sort & don’t give us dried up play-doh and McDonald’s toys)
- Vintage or old toys (use your judgement)
- VHS or cassette tapes
Infant Equipment & Gear
- Car Seats: We cannot sell cars seats or bases that are expired. Please check the expiration date before bringing it to the store. Many seats expire after 5 years, but newer seats may allow for 6-8 years of safe use. We also cannot accept car seats that have been in an accident.
Yard Sale Leftovers
Yard Sale Leftovers: We cannot accept yard/rummage sale leftovers unless you've cleared it with us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Where to send items we cant take
- Textiles: see this website for drop-off bins near you
- Bikes: go to Bikes not Bombs
- Medela breast pumps
- Many other items and organizations are listed on the Arlington DPW site