We need you!
Without the generous spirt of volunteers, The Little Fox Shop would not exist. From volunteers that help out several times a week to those that come in twice a month, it all adds up to success!
We are volunteer-run and always ready to welcome more help! Even if you can only commit to a couple of hours per month, we would love to have you join us.
What types of people volunteer at the shop?
We welcome everyone with a can-do attitude and a few hours to give. Students looking to fill hours or gain experience, retirees looking to socialize, parents with a few spare hours and even people that work full-time looking to do community service.
If youu would like to volunteer, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 781-316-3157 to ask any questions or set up your orientation and training session.
I’m thinking of volunteering. What’s it like in the shop?
The shop is a fun, diverse and social place to be. On a typical day there are lots of shoppers and donors in and out. There are usually 2-4 volunteers per shift so there is always someone to answer questions or help out any new volunteers. We offer free coffee and snacks as well as a volunteer discount. Volunteering at The Little Fox is a great way to give back to the community, the library and the planet.
What would I do?
As a volunteer, you can help us create a unique, positive shopping experience by:
· Sorting through, pricing and packaging donations
· Putting clothes on hangers and on the racks
· Placing donations on the sales floor
· Rearranging current displays to create appealing visuals
· Organizing (back room, displays, clothing racks)
· Assisting with customers
· Light cleaning
· Creating new displays
Have an awesome special skill you’d love to share with us? We’d love to hear from you. Contact us at:
email@example.com OR 781.316.3157
Current volunteer opportunities:
- Time Commitment: 1 hour or less
- Job Description: Pick up bags from The Fox Shop during library hours and drop them off at the Goodwill truck.
- Time Commitment: min of 2 hours (can be done once or on a recurring basis)
- Job Description: During shop hours sort through donations that come in. Includes tasks such as checking puzzles and games to make sure they are complete. Putting books into the shop by category. Pricing small toys. Dressing dolls and Barbies. Checking the batteries in toys. Sorting clothes to check for stains. Putting clothing on hangers and hanging them in the shop by size.
- Time Commitment: 1-2 hours (can be done once or on a recurring basis)
- Job Description: Have an eye for design? Organize toys, games and books to make eye-catching displays around the shop. Put together outfits for our clothes line that is prominently displayed in the shop.
- Time Commitment: min of 2 hours on a recurring basis
- Job Description: Greet shoppers as they come in. Ring up sales and bag items. Answer general questions about the shop.
Social Media Coordinator
- Time Commitment: about 1-2 hours a week on a recurring basis
- Job Description: Post items to Facebook and Craigslist by stopping in the shop and taking photos, writing descriptions and scheduling posts to hit our Facebook page. Posting large baby equipment for sale to Craigslist. (Love Social Media? We also have Twitter and Instagram accounts.)
- Time Commitment: 4-6 hours (2-3 times a year)
- Job Description: Work with existing graphics file to create new signs that are consistent with current signage in the shop. Use your creativity to create publicity signs and postcards for our weekend openings and special sales.